Punjab MBBS Counselling 2023 will start in the first week of July 2023. The Baba Farid University of Health Sciences is responsible for conducting the counselling. The Counselling will take place in two to three rounds depending on the availability of the seats. The University offers admission to the candidates on the basis of the NEET 2023 Scores. Therefore, it is mandatory for the candidates to qualify the NEET Exam. Through Punjab NEET Counselling, candidates will get admission in various Medical and Dental Colleges of Punjab. However, the mode of the Counselling is online followed by a Document Verification Round, which will take place offline. The BFUHS Punjab MBBS/BDS Merit List Counselling will take place on the basis of the Punjab MBBS Merit List ranking order.
Highlights of Punjab MBBS Counseling
- The Counseling Round of Punjab MBBS is conducted both offline and online.
- Candidates can participate in counseling rounds if they have secured the minimum required percentile in NEET Entrance Test.
- The Counselling Committee of Punjab MBBS will declare a Merit List containing the names of candidates who are eligible.
- The Applicants are granted admission based on their merit-cum performance.
Punjab NEET Counselling 2023 (Tentative Schedule)
The BFUHS has not released the official dates of the Punjab MBBS/BDS Admission Process. However, we have provided the tentative dates below.
|Events||Dates Scheduled (Tentative)|
|Punjab NEET Counselling Form (Round I)||First Week of July 2023|
|Last Date for Counselling Form Submission||Second Week of July 2023|
|Release of the Seat Allotment List||Second Week of July 2023|
|Joining the Allotted College and Making the payment of the admission fees||Third Week of July 2023|
|Release of the seat allotment letter||August 2023|
|Second Round Counselling||Second Week of August 2023|
Punjab MBBS Counseling 2023
The First Round of Counseling of Punjab MBBS/BDS will take place in June 2023. Candidates who have been ranked at the top (example Top 100) in Punjab MBBS Merit List 2023 will be eligible for the First Round of the counseling. Counseling (Document Verification) will take place offline. Candidates will have to report the counselling venue at the specified date and time along with the documents.
Eligibility Criteria for Punjab NEET Admission Counselling 2023
To be eligible in the Punjab BFUHS Counselling Process, candidates have to satisfy the following conditions-
- Must have qualified NEET 2023 Examination.
- He/She must have registered for the Punjab MBBS Counselling Registration Process.
- Also must be a resident of Punjab State.
How to Apply For Punjab MBBS Admission Counseling?
The step by step process to apply for the Punjab State MBBS Counselling is as follows-
This is the very first step to participate in the Counselling process. Hence, it is mandatory for all the candidates to register for the counselling.
- Firstly, visit the official website of BFUHS- bfuhs.ac.in
- Then click on the “New Registration” Link
- Enter your basic details such as Name, Date of Birth, Mobile Number, E-mail ID, etc.
- After the successful registration, enter your college and course preferences, category, quota, NEET 2023 Scores etc.
- Re-check all the details correctly, and click on the submit option.
- Keep Your Registration ID and Password for future reference
Payment of the Registration/Application Fees
- The Application Fees for the Counselling has to be paid offline.
- Soon after the completion of the form, a bank challan will be generated.
- The candidate has to deposit the challan along with the application fees in any branch of the Oriental Bank of Commerce.
- If the candidate fails to make the payment of the application fees, then he/she will not be eligible for the counselling.
- The cost of the application fees is Rs 5000/- + 18% GST (for General Category) and Rs 2500/- +18% GST for Reserved Category.
Preparation of Punjab MBBS State Merit List Result
- The University will then prepare the Punjab State MBBS/BDS Merit List.
- The Rank List will be available on the official website.
- The list will release category-wise separately.
- In this stage, candidates have to log in and choose the course and colleges as per their preferences.
- The seats will be allocated to the candidates on the basis of the choices filled. Therefore, make sure that you fill in the choices wisely.
Punjab MBBS Seat Allocation List
- After the submission of the college preferences, the University will release a Seat Allocation List.
- The Seat Allocation List will be published on the official website.
Punjab MBBS Second Round Counseling
The Punjab NEET Second Round of Counseling is held for the candidates who have been ranked after are called for second counseling. The Counseling is held Candidates who were not selected in the first round are also eligible to participate in the counseling round. The Punjab MBBS Second Round Counseling will take place in August 2023.
Punjab MBBS Second Round Counseling Process
- The Counseling for MBBS Admission will start from NRI Category first.
- After the NRI Counseling Round, if the seats are still vacant then it will be transferred to the open category of respective institutions.
- The vacant seats will be displayed daily on the university website and the candidates must check it regularly.