Directions ( Q. No. 1-5 ) : In questions , sentences are given with blanks to be filled in with an appropriate word (s). Four alternatives are suggested for each question. Choose the correct alternatives out of the four :
1)The Chairman is ill and we’ll have to ……. the meeting for a few days.
a) put on
b) put of
c) put away
d) put off
2) The cat and the dog have a ……. enemy in the rat.
3) He told me that he …….. watching the movie.
a) is finished
b) was finished
c) had finished
d) not finished
4) He is very good …….. making stories.
5) I do my work …….. carefully to make mistakes.
Directions ( Q. Nos. 6-10 ) : In questions choose the word opposite in meaning to the given word :
Directions ( Q.Nos. 11-15 ) : Some parts of the sentences have errors and some are correct. Find out which part of a sentence has an error :
11)Ram was (a)/ senior to (b)/ Sam in college.(c)/ No error (d)
12) Supposing if (a)/ it rains (b)/ what shall we do? (c)/ No error (d)
13) The capital of Yemen (a)/ is situating (b)/ 2190 meters above the sea level. (c)/ No error (d)
14) It was him (a)/ who came running (b)/ into the classroom. (c)/ No error (d)
15) The captain along with his team (a)/ are practicing very hard (b)/ for the forthcoming match. (c)/ No error (d)
Fill in the Blank Questions Answer MCQ English Grammar
Directions: Pick out the most effective word from the given words to fill in the blanks to make the sentence meaningfully complete.
1)I will write a latter to you tentatively _______ the dates of the program.
2) You will see signs of _______ everywhere, which speak well for the ______ of these people.
a) decoration – senses
b) clear – debris
c) beauty – careful
d) industry – prosperity
3) How much did it ________ to reach Mumbai by car?
4) He applied for and was ______ legal aid by the Labour Ministry.
5) Few professions can ______ the sheer variety and constant ______ of being a doctor.
a) like, struggle
b) share, enthusiast
c) match, challenge
d) draw, work-load
6) _______ by people’s perception it seems that democracy has succeeded in India.
7) They have decided to meet the Prime Minister in order to have their _____ heard.
8) The health minister ______ the need to make the laparoscopic surgery available to the common people and _____ it’s reach.
a) underscored, widen
b) stressed, larger
c) spotted, extend
9) There are ______ views on the issue of giving bonus to the employees.
10) The teacher ordered Kamal to leave the room and ______ him to return.